Thursday, July 7, 2022

Janet Jackson, Rhythm Nation 1814 (1989)

Decided to go on a Janet run to see what I've been missing out on. Wouldn't you know that this album has something going for it too? Could be recency bias but I'm board for Rhythm Nation as well.

It's only vaguely political. We need to make the world a better place, educate the children... But I don't give a hoot, really, whether or not the record has watered-down politics. The music is just fun.

The fun sound probably has to do with the fact that this is the same team that makes Michael's music sound so good. Janet doesn't have the pipes Michael does, granted, but she is a good vocalist.

Better than that Taylor Swift.

2 comments:

  1. Is your Kakao working? I called a couple of times and tried sending a message and it didn’t look like it went through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any messages but I've gotten the calls. I had just been going to bed early and didn't answer. Glad we got to chat today.

      Delete