Monday, September 26, 2022

Outkast, Stankonia (2000)

It's okay, man, but it's not that good. Remember the hits from this album playing frequently on MTV2. Liked those hits.

One thing that made me not like the overall album right away were the frequent interludes of moaning. It's clear what the moaning is supposed to be. Who among us wouldn't want to sit back in our chair and listen to moaning? No one among us.

On the brighter side, that hit "So Fresh, So Clean" is a good song. Lot of good wordplay. Sounds like a parody of a soap commercial. "Miss Jackson" is good. I am for real.

Shifting gears, just wanting to make a remark, as we've talked about many times, about getting older. As I said, I don't mind aging in itself, but when I or anybody I know experiences health problems, I worry. I hope you're doing all right on your side of the world.

Let's all do our best to take it easy and not sweat the small stuff and just pray for our health.

No comments:

Post a Comment