Thursday, June 23, 2022

Randy Newman, 12 Songs (1970)

This album is not really to my liking, though I do like some Randy Newman songs, including one on this album, "Mama Told Me Not To Come." That song is cool and swinging. I don't know if this is a cover or his, but I like the other version I'm more familiar with, to be honest, whoever does that.

I like Newman's voice. It's very distinctive. His Wiki calls it Southern, which would not be the first word I'd use, but I suppose it fits.

Most of what I guess I like by Newman are his parody songs. Those are absent this album.

A confession: I'm a few days ahead on posting about these albums. Because of the weekend, I had the good fortune to be able to sit around and just listen to some albums leisurely. So now I think I'm about two days ahead on these albums-a-day. I like being ahead. Should I need to sit a day out, I won't feel the pressure. Though of course the pressure is only on myself and in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment