Wednesday, August 17, 2022

ZZ Top, Tres Hombres (1973)

I'm going to hold onto this album as potentially one of the greats. It is a really good studio album of blues and rock. The crunchy guitar riffs and solos are doing most of the work, but with these guys, that is as it should be. They're fun.

Fun  fact: did you know that their drummer is named Rube Beard? Ironically, he's the least likely of the band to sport a beard. In photos, I've only spotted him with stubble.

There are plenty of songs I've never heard before. I'm grateful for getting to hear them here. "Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers," for instance, is darn-tooting good time.

I haven't checked yet to see if my wife likes the album, which would be one of the determining factors as to whether or not I'd buy it. My wife's got good taste. Having no familiarity with either Zeppelin or the Stones, as soon as she heard songs from those greats, she got giddy and felt like dancing.

2 comments: