Monday, September 12, 2022

The Velvet Underground, White Light/White Heat (1968)

Glutton for punishment here. I went back to The Velvet Underground well to see what would turn up. How's the album?

We'll get there. Will listen and type.

The thanksgiving break ends after today. This afternoon, I plan on doing some reading and some preparation for tomorrow's day.

Recently, I've been reading American and European history, and fun fiction: The Green Mile, Dracula. Good stuff.I haven't been writing. Still taking the advice of my elder to delay that as long as possible. I still feel the impulse sometimes to write. I still think about a short story and an essay I'd like to finish, but I definitely don't feel the urgency I once did to finish them. In fact, I'm trying to see how long I can go without working on them.

Occasionally, I imagine I'll begin writing stories and essays again once I finish reading a big heap of books. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Family life is the thing that's most important to me these days. Has been for some time. It's a better way to live, for me, anyway.

This album is pretty terrible so far. Second track is spoken-word poetry, a screeching repetitive guitar riff behind it. Now third track not so great.

There are only a few tracks on this album because several of the songs are long. The final one is 17 minutes.

I don't think I'm going to be able to go on any longer listening to this. Three of six in and not liking it. I'll stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment