Monday, July 17, 2023

Aretha Franklin, I Never Loved a Man the Way I Loved You (1967)

Can't beat Aretha.

I watched a documentary a while ago where she recorded a concert in a church and it was wonderful. She's a dynamic performer whose stage presence comes off stronger and more impactful than it does even in those albums.

That's not to disparage the albums. I think this one, I could listen to regularly. Which reminds me: I want to buy CDs. I've said that. Maybe another time.

Do you ever put on a record like Aretha Franklin? Might be a break from some of those contemporary, millennial Nashville artists you listen to. Actually, I'm not knocking. I bought a Hayes Carll record because of you and I'm grateful and I don't regret it. But Aretha, that's the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment