Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Leonard Cohen, The Best of Leonard Cohen (1975)

Going to keep this one short. Maybe I'm just particular about my contemporary folk. I don't like Leonard Cohen's voice. I don't like his presence. I don't think he's charismatic.

In trying to compile a top album list, I was intending to exclude as many "best of" albums, anyway. Here I won't have to worry.

I didn't know the man was born in Canada, let alone Quebec. I didn't know he passed away in 2016, either. May he rest in peace.

According to his Wiki, he is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The way he sings, I wouldn't have even let him into my house.

Some of his albums include Songs of Love and Hate (1971) and Death of a Ladies' Man (1977). Some titles. Could you imagine telling someone your LP is called Death of a Ladies' Man? I guess if you were as revered as he was, people wouldn't call you out on your pretenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment