Saturday, August 15, 2020

Publishing season and rejection

Publishing season has started among some literary magazines and journals and with the season comes rejection. I've spent the bulk of my summer sitting at my laptop, clacking away at this springy keyboard, straining my eyes staring at the white word processor window (the more white space, the more frightening), poring over my story drafts, and revising and revising and revising. Some of the stories have been in the works longer than the summer. One of the stories, it has taken me two years to write. I just received a rejection on that one from a prestigious magazine. Now what? Embrace the process. Write more. Write new, different stories. Revisit drafts that have been rejected to see if there are problems. Send the stories to new places. There is no need to worry or hurry. This is all a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment