Thursday, September 15, 2022

Nick Drake, Pink Moon (1979)

When the album started, I had a prejudice against on account of recalling its first and title track from the soundtrack of the 2004 romantic comedy Garden State, a film I liked as a young, but which, as I got older, left a bad taste in my mouth. So I didn't like the song "Pink Moon."

As for the other songs in the album, they're not bad, but right now they're just not what I'm into. Imagine a 1970s Ben Harper singing and plucking his acoustic guitar. It's like that. Mellow melodies.

I could take it or leave it, to be honest.

I hope I'm not giving the man short shrift. If another of his albums turns up in the future, I'll try to listen a bit more generously.

May the road rise up to meet your wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment